Sunday, July 20, 2014

Terry’s Report from Mexico City

Greetings on this beautiful Sunday to each of you.

I have been texting back and forth with Terry when he has internet access and he sent me some pictures from his iphone showing where the team will be staying in Huixquilucan, so I thought I’d share them with you.  It is always helpful when you have a feel for what a place is like I think.  I know Megan will add more pictures as she is able this week.  Terry was wondering how much internet connection they’ll have this week.


This is the kitchen in the place where the girls will be staying, and Hiram’s stroller I think :)



A room for the girls...you can see Sara and Luis and little Hiram testing out some of the mattresses they have for the team :)  


One of the rooms where the boys will be staying,  there are a few rooms I have pics of, but this just gives you a little bit of an idea.  There’s a huge courtyard outside of the place where the girls are too. That’s Pastor Jaime on the right!  Hola Jaime!  



These next few pictures of of the Church where the VBS will start tomorrow.  They are hoping for 50 kids by weeks end.  Like most things in Mexico we’ll have more kids coming each day as they learn to trust us.  


One of the classrooms where some of the older kids will have part of their programming.



One of the rooms for the littlest ones will have their programming.  



This is a view of Huixquilucan from the Church where they will be.  As you can see it’s more mountainous and so green.  Really beautiful!  



This field is where they’ll be playing games.



And the sign they posted outside of the Church to advertise for the VBS :)  Don’t you love that Canadian and Mexican flag together?  

I was joyful and a little sad to send the team off today.  Joyful because I am so excited for what God will do in them and through them these next two weeks.  I know it will be life-changing for them!  Sad because I wasn’t going with them this time.  They are all very excited.  

Today will be a very long day for the team as they will arrive in Mexico City at about 9:30 pm and I think they will be driving out to Huixquilucan yet tonight.  It could be a trip of several hours depending on the traffic.  They start VBS bright and early tomorrow morning.  So keep them in your prayers as they will get settled once they are there and then they still have to get organized for tomorrow.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a real encouragment to the team! Thank you for your support and prayers!